Ashtanga vinyasa is a hatha yoga practice transmitted to Pattabhi Jois from the yoga master Krishnamacharya. It is for students seeking an invigorating approach that purifies, stimulates and energizes. It consists of postures practiced in a fluid rhythm with a concentrated breath, steady gaze, and internal contractions to direct vital energy. Due to the dynamic nature of this practice, one feels completely energized and purified in each cell of the body and also in the mind. More details
- A previous experience in yoga is recommended but beginners are welcome
- Student follows the teacher’s instruction but is also introduced to self-practice where the teacher spends time adjusting the student in the postures
- The student progresses through the primary series of postures
- This 2-hour class allows us time to explore technique in-depth for selected asanas or movement patterns, to practice the whole sequence on a more regular basis, and to sit for pranayama and meditation.
Marija first came to yoga through Bikram Yoga in Serbia in 2006 and was immediately drawn to it. Since her move to Luxembourg in 2008, she has been a regular student of Denise Pesch. The physical, emotional and mental benefits that she experienced through the inner exploration with yoga made her realise that she wanted to become a yoga teacher. She obtained her Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher diploma with John and Lucy Scott in 2015. The asana practice within the Ashtanga Vinyasa system is strong, challenging and very rewarding. The attitude of listening, allowing and accepting the intelligence of one’s body-mind is crucial. She wants to encourage students to nurture this loving and caring inner attitude, as through it, their experience not only of asana but of life itself may beautifully change. More details
147 route d'Arlon, Strassen. With oak floors and a warm ambiance, our Strassen center is a haven from the hustle and bustle of city life, located on route d'Arlon near rue de Reckenthal, just 200m from the A6/E25 autoroute. See location & map
What to bring
- There are men and women's changing rooms at this location. Wear comfortable clothing to stretch in.
- There are 10 yoga mats to borrow out of 24 possible students attending. We prioritise the mats for first-time students who don't have a mat. After the first class, please purchase and bring your own mat. We sell mats at good value.
- Info for your first yoga class
At registration, we require term payment to guarantee your place. You may cancel after the first class according to our term cancellation policy.