This course is taught in English.
Ashtanga vinyasa is a hatha yoga practice transmitted to Pattabhi Jois from the great yoga master Krishnamacharya. It is for students seeking an invigorating approach that purifies, stimulates and energizes. It consists of postures practiced in a fluid rhythm with a concentrated breath, steady gaze, and internal contractions to direct vital energy. Due to the dynamic nature of this practice, one feels completely energized and purified in each cell of the body and also in the mind. Go to the Ashtanga-led page.
- A previous experience in yoga is recommended but beginners are welcome
- Student follows the teacher’s instruction but is also introduced to self-practice where the teacher spends time adjusting the student in the postures
- The student progresses through the primary series of postures
See all levels
Teacher: Danijela Radic
Danijela's first contact with yoga was back in the late '90s in Belgrade. In 2009, she joined Denise's Ashtanga courses and followed them for eight years before taking La Source's 300-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, completed in April 2016. She continued in trainings, mainly in Ashtanga, Vinyasa Krama and Yin. She went to study with Srivatsa Ramaswami in Europe and India, obtaining two Advanced Teacher Training certificates (200 hrs) in Vinyasa Krama. It has helped her tap into deeper levels in her personal practice. While still in love with Ashtanga and its captivating flow of breath with movement – Vinyasa Krama unlocked the various stages of each asana and improved her stillness. Practicing yoga makes her happy and light. It clears her mind and frees the space for new ideas. She is grateful for the opportunity to share some of that lightness with you. Go to Danijela's page.
With oak floors and a warm ambiance with a view from the terrace of an occasional grazing sheep, our Strassen center is a haven from the hustle and bustle of city life, located on route d'Arlon near rue de Reckenthal, just 200m from the A6/E25 autoroute. Go to the Strassen page.
What to bring
- There are men and women's changing rooms at this location. Wear comfortable clothing to stretch in.
- There are 10 yoga mats to borrow out of 24 possible students attending. We prioritise the mats for first-time students who don't have a mat. After the first class, please purchase and bring your own mat. We sell mats at good value.
- Info for your first yoga class
At registration, we require term payment to guarantee your place. You may cancel after the first class according to our term cancellation policy.
|There are no classes scheduled for this course at this time.|
+ Term Registration
To register for this course please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org