This course is taught in English.
Ashtanga vinyasa is a hatha yoga practice transmitted to Pattabhi Jois from the great yoga master Krishnamacharya. It is for students seeking an invigorating approach that purifies, stimulates and energizes. It consists of postures practiced in a fluid rhythm with a concentrated breath, steady gaze, and internal contractions to direct vital energy. Due to the dynamic nature of this practice, one feels completely energized and purified in each cell of the body and also in the mind. Go to the Ashtanga-led page.
- A previous experience in yoga is recommended but beginners are welcome
- Student follows the teacher’s instruction but is also introduced to self-practice where the teacher spends time adjusting the student in the postures
- The student progresses through the primary series of postures
- This 2-hour class allows us time to explore technique in-depth for selected asanas or movement patterns, to practice the whole sequence on a more regular basis, and to sit for pranayama and meditation.
See all levels
Teacher: Denise Pesch
Practicing yoga since 1967 and teaching since 1984, Denise has experienced the feeling of easiness, lightness, joy and health in life and wishes to impart this wonderful experience to all her students in the varied styles of yoga that she teaches - Ashtanga, Sivananda, Vinyasa Krama, Pregnancy yoga, Yoga for the back and Hormone yoga. Go to Denise's page.
With oak floors and a warm ambience with a view from the terrace of an occasional grazing sheep, our new Strassen center is a haven from the hustle and bustle of city life, located on route d'Arlon near rue de Reckenthal, just 200m from the A6/E25 autoroute. Go to the Strassen page.
What to bring
- There are men and women's changing rooms at this location. Wear comfortable clothing to stretch in.
- There are 10 yoga mats to borrow out of 24 possible students attending. We prioritise the mats for first-time students who don't have a mat. After the first class, please purchase and bring your own mat. We sell mats at good value.
- Info for your first yoga class
At registration, we require term payment to guarantee your place. You may cancel after the first class according to our term cancellation policy.
|September 21, 2018||✓|
|September 28, 2018||✓|
|October 05, 2018||✓|
|October 12, 2018||canceled!|
|October 19, 2018||✓|
|October 26, 2018||✓|
|November 02, 2018||canceled for holiday!|
|November 09, 2018||✓|
|November 16, 2018||✓|
|November 23, 2018||canceled!|
|November 30, 2018||✓|
|December 07, 2018||✓|
|December 14, 2018||✓|
+ Term Registration
To register for this course please send us an email to email@example.com